SkyBell is a Wi-Fi enabled video doorbell that comes with an app that allows you to see who’s at your door (and talk to them) through a live video feed to your iOS and Android mobile devices, even if you are in another country!
Pretty cool idea, right?
Here are some of the features:
- advanced motion sensor for sending alerts and video even when a visitor doesn’t press the button
- contrast setting for more favorable lighting
- ‘on-demand’ feature that allows you to see out of the SkyBell camera at any time
- turn off your home’s doorbell chime from the app
- invisible night vision for viewing after dark
- snap a picture or record a video stream directly to your device
- looks cool
Like anything else though, there are a few cons
- SkyBell requires full-time power and is designed to be connected to a wired, mechanical doorbell chime. This means installation is a pain, and we wish they would simply make a battery-powered version you could stick anywhere.
- apartment dwellers cannot use the device, because of the above.
- image quality is not the greatest.
The product retails for about $200, and you can get it on Amazon .