Low Calorie Teenage Mutant Mint Chip Ice Cream Recipe from GiGi Dubois
Now that school is officially back in session… Students are once again faced with confusing chemistry text books, intimidatingly gargantuan novels that have to be read in three days and math equations that make their heads spin. The stress that comes with a new year of trying to earn good grades typically results in students self-medicating with food, and not the type of food this year’s nutrition class tells them to eat.
Foods filled with trans fatty acids and copious amounts of sugar (i.e. cookies, snack cakes, chips, etc) are typically the nibbles students turn to so as to calm their moods for those two to five minutes it takes to eat them. I mean, STRESSED is DESSERTS backward, so people assume that sweets are the cure-all.
Unfortunately, that is not the case at all. In fact, eating unhealthfully will actually cause more stress as these nutritionally void foods cause blood sugar levels to rise very quickly, but then crash just as fast, leaving you lethargic and even more anxious.
After reading all of this, you might be left feeling anxious about being told not to go hang out with Ben & Jerry’s later this evening. However, before you click out of your browser and… MAYBE… Hit the books to get a head start on some homework, here is a recipe that will soothe your stress yet also soothe your need for a sweet treat (without the sugar, trans fat and other filler ingredients that do nothing for your health or anxiety) when you just NEED IT, perhaps after trying to solve what Y equals in your Algebra book!
Teenage Mutant Mint Chip Ice Cream
- 1 Can Lite Coconut Milk
- 1 Scoop SunWarrior Warrior Blend Protein Powder, Vanilla
- 1/3 Cup Swerve/Erythritol
- 1/4 Cup Water (1/4 Cup more, optional)
- 1 Square Unsweetened Dark Chocolate
- 35 Drops NuNaturals Peppermint Liquid Stevia Extract
- 25 Drops All Natural Green Food Coloring
WHAT are you waiting for? Get your ice cream maker…
- Freeze ice cream maker bowl for roughly 18 to 24 hours prior to making this recipe.
- When ready… Turn on ice cream maker (after putting the mixer and cover on top… And start pouring in the ingredients. Coconut milk first, then sweetener, followed by protein powder, dark chocolate, stevia and food coloring.
- Grab a spoon and help the ingredients churn together by getting your utensil in there and help with the mixing process.
- Add the water and continue to help machine stir.
- Let the machine churn the combination for roughly 20 – 25 minutes.
- Enjoy 100% GUILT-FREE!
Based in Los Angeles, GiGi Dubois is a healthy living nutrition expert and blogger/YouTuber enthusiast. Her fun, laid back, comedic style and relatable approach has helped her gain thousands of followers. Her blog/vlog GiGi EatsCelebrities serves as both an educational tool and entertainment for those wanting to lead a healthy lifestyle. She is frequently called upon for her advice and opinions by nutrition and celebrity-related media outlets. She has a bachelor’s degree in broadcast journalism from the University of Colorado and a master’s degree in nutrition communications from Tufts University.