Tips and Tricks to Make Best Paccheri Pasta Dishes
Cooking pasta is one of the easiest things teens can do in the kitchen. There are many different varieties of pasta, but you might not be familiar with paccheri pasta. Paccheri, which has its roots in Southern Italy, is tubular shaped large pasta. It is easy to cook, but you can kick it up by adding some cool ingredients. You can buy paccheri pasta online if you cannot find it in a local store.
Here are some recipes to inspire you!
Paccheri Pasta with Sausage
Pasta and sausage is one of the best combinations of paccheri pasta, and when creamy tomato sauce is used in it, then it is even more delicious.
- Italian Sausage spicy – 1 lb
- Diced Bell Pepper – 1
- Tomato Sauce Canned – 15 oz
- Heavy Cream – ½ cup
- Minced Garlic – 3 cloves
- Dried Basil – ½ teaspoon
- Paccheri Pasta – 8 Oz
- Salt and Pepper as required
- Cook the sausage in a large skillet on medium heat. Make sure the meat is thoroughly cooked.
- Add the tomato sauce, minced garlic, dried basil, and bell pepper into the skillet until cooked through.
- Once done, add the heavy cream and remove from heat.
- In another pot, boil water and cook the paccheri pasta per package directions. Once done (to your desired softness), drain the water out.
- Now add the paccheri to the large skillet along with the tomato cream sauce and sausage.
- Heat until sauce simmers and then season it with the salt and pepper as per your taste.
Paccheri Pasta with Butter Beans
Buy Paccheri Pasta and butter beans to make this yummy variation on the above dish with sun-dried tomato, butter beans and Italian sausage.
Ingredients Needed –
- Paccheri Pasta – ½ pound
- Butter Beans – 1/16 ounce
- Garlic – 4 cloves
- Italian Sausage – 1 pound
- Sun-Dried Tomatoes – ¼ cup
- Parsley – ¼ cup
- Virgin Olive Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Olive Oil – 3/8 cup
- Chilli flakes and salt
- Pasta Water- 2 cups
- Cook the paccheri pasta in salted water and once done drain and reserve the excess water in the cup.
- Then chop the fresh parsley, garlic and sun-dried tomatoes.
- In another large pan, sauté the Italian sausage in the olive oil on medium heat. Once cooked through, remove the sausage.
- Now place ¼ cup of olive oil in the pan and sauté the garlic till it is golden.
- Add and cook sun-dried tomatoes and chili flakes for 1 minute and then add reserved pasta water in it.
- Add sausage, butter beans and paccheri pasta to the pan and thoroughly mix them. Add salt and chilli flakes according to your taste.
- Once cooked, you can add parsley and top with extra virgin oil.
Paccheri Pasta with Burrata Cream, Saffron and Guanciale
If you are already an experienced cook and want to try even fancier ingredients, try this! In this pasta recipe, you have to make burrata into a cream and then toss saffron and crisp guanciale to make an excquisite pasta dish.
- Fresh burrata cheese – 8 ounces
- Pancetta, slab guanciale, bacon minced – 4 ounces
- Minced yellow onion – 1
- Paccheri pasta – 8 ounces
- Saffron thread – 1 pinch
- Add saffron to half cup of hot water and then let it soak for 15 minutes.
- Divide the burrata in half, leaving one half out of the brine and the other half with all the reserved brine to make the cream sauce later.
- In a large pot, add water and a pinch of salt and bring to boil. Add the paccheri pasta into it and let it cool. It won’t be fully soft at this stage.
- In a large pan, heat a small amount of oil and then add the onion and guanciale. Cook until the onion is golden brown and the guanciale is crisp.
- Once done, add saffron water to it and then stir it thoroughly.
- Then you need to drain the extra water from the cooled pasta and add it in the pan.
- Cook over low-medium heat until pasta is cooked through. Add the burrata cream at the very end.
- Serve, and add strips of the other half of the burrata on top to present the paccheri pasta dish in style.
You can serve the above paccheri pasta dishes with salad or bread. Bon apetit!