Teens and their families seeking the motivation and inspiration to meet their fitness goals this year need look no further than TheFitExpo, which returns to the Los Angeles Convention Center for the 11th year this weekend on January 25th and 26th.
Featuring over 400 exhibits and 20 free competitions, the West Coast’s largest and best-known fitness event is expected to host 37,000 attendees who will have the chance to meet top-tier fitness celebrities and get information, free samples and discounts from hundreds of vendors.
Some of the celebrities expected to attend:
- Jillian Michaels (celebrity fitness expert, and wellness coach on “The Biggest Loser”)
- Phil Heath (2 X and current Mr. Olympia Champion);
- Jay Cutler (4x Mr. Olympia Champion);
- Brian Shaw (World’s Strongest Man);
- Grandmaster Walter Goode (Black Belt 10th Degree in Ninjitsu);
- Lou Ferrigno (actor “The Incredible Hulk”, fitness trainer and retired pro bodybuilder)
- Tito Ortiz (MMA Legend)
Some of the events and activities this year:
- Extreme Tricking Challenge: California’s Team LoopKicks, the world famous martial arts tricking team, will host this event, performing their aesthetic blend of kicks, flips, twists and intricate groundwork.
- Parkour/FreeRunning: Hosted by San Fernando Valley’s Tempest Freerunning Academy, Parkour is an ancient discipline, teaching participants how to flow through their environment by vaulting, rolling, running, climbing and jumping.
- Fitness Career Center: For those seeking a job in the fitness industry.
- TheFitExpo Jump Rope Championship
- The Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Nationals
- IRON MAN Magazine Naturally Bodybuilding
- Physique, Figure & Bikini Championships presented by Optimum Nutrition
- MET-Rx Odd Haugen Strength Challenge
- American Record Makers Olympic Weightlifting Competition
- The Body Fortress USPLA American Cup Powerlifting Championships
- Bodybuilding.com’s BodySpace™ Spokesmodel Search
- Free workouts demos and fitness challenges by Evolution Fitness Conference.
- Tribute to Legends of Funk, Pop & Hip Hop: Live DJ Dance Concert where top dancers and EFC/TheFitExpo attendees join together to raise funds for the Challenged Athletes Foundation of America.
- SoCal’s Best 4 Ca$h!: offering prize money and bragging rights to the most in shape attendees at the Expo. The guys can show off the best abs or biceps and the girls can compete for the best legs or abs.
- Attendees can test their muscles at the MAXREPS 4 CASH ATTENDEE CONTESTS. Open to all male attendees, these four contests — pull ups, push ups, dips and curl a 65 lb. barbell the most times – boast a total purse of $4,000 cash.
- The Healthy Living Pavilion: features a variety of seminars with leading experts discussing specific dietary programs including macrobiotic, vegetarian, vegan, Ayurveda and organic and raw diets. Live cooking presentations will serve up tips on how to shop for and cook healthy, quick and easy meals. Bring your appetite as innovative products will be available to sample and purchase including Nut Burgers, Daiya Vegan Cheese, IPS Egg White Chips, Halo Top Creamery’s Protein-Rich Ice Cream, Perky Jerky, and much more.
When: Saturday and Sunday, January 25 and 26, 2014.. Show hours are Saturday, 10:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. and Sunday, 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Where: The Los Angeles Convention Center, 1201 South Figueroa Street, South Halls G, H and J.
Tickets: Adult admission tickets are $20 per day or $30 for the full weekend. Children 12 years and under are $10 per day and children under 6 are free.
Plenty of parking is available. For full information on TheFitExpo ticketing, exhibiting or sponsorship opportunities call (818) 545-0290 or visit www.thefitexpo.com.